LED Lighting Installers Greenwich

LED Lighting Schools Colleges Offices

Providing Cost Effective Solutions for a Better Environment

Commercial & Domestic Electricians - Call 0208 850 9947 - Email Or Click here to arrange a free consultation

Environmental Benefits of LED Lighting

Reduced lamp failure

Unlike conventional light sources, LEDs are not subject to sudden failure or burnout as there are no filaments to burn out or break

Reduced Carbon Emissions

In incandescent light bulbs around 20% of the electric current is used for the production of light. The other 80% of the energy is wasted as heat. LED lights are able to
utilize up to 90% of the energy provided in the generation of light. It is known as cold lighting because there is little production of heat.

Reduced Carbon Footprint

LED lights do not contain any toxic chemicals or heavy metals like mercury which is present in CFL. Incandescent lights and CFLs also produce a small measure of
UV radiation, but none is produced by LED lights. This means LED bulbs don’t fill up landfills and leak chemicals into the atmosphere because they can be recycled.

Because fluorescent lamps contain toxic mercury vapour under the Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment Directive (WEEE Directive) they must be disposed
of by a registered waste carrier. Switching to LED lights avoids the cost and time implications required for compliant disposal. We will arrange for all of our clients
old fittings to be disposed of as per the WEEE directive.

Reduced Light Pollution

LEDs provide a directional light source, which significantly reduces light pollution

Increased energy-efficient

LED lamps, ‘watt-for-watt’ are the most energy efficient form of lighting.

Many LEDs have a life of up to 50,000 hours which is approx. 50 times longer than an incandescent lamp, 20 times longer than a typical halogen, and up to 8 times longer than a typical CFL. Fitting LED's will mean that far less lamps will end up in landfill sites

LED lamps are free from hazardous materials such as mercury, so they can be recycled. This means that they can achieve an even lower environmental footprint

For all your Commercial & Domestic Electrical Requirements

Call 0208 850 9947